The Bahamas truly is an investor’s paradise. This is not simply because of the stable and attractive investment climate the government has created to facilitate the ease and effectiveness of doing business in The Bahamas. Our skilled professional workforce, stable government and economy, sound legal framework, modern infrastructure, proximity to key markets and investment incentive policies are just some of the elements which create this ideal investment climate.
Key areas targeted for foreign investment are:
• Touristic Resorts.
• Upscale Condominium, Time share and Second Home Development.
• Information and Data Processing Services.
• Assembly Industries.
• High-Tech Services.
• Ship Repair and other services.
• Light Manufacturing for export.
• Food Processing.
• Banking and other Financial Services.
• Captive Insurance.
• Aircraft Services.
• Pharmaceutical Manufacture.
• Off-shore Medical Centres.
The Bahamas Investment Authority
The government’s proactive economic growth and development policies are guided by The Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA), established to reduce bureaucratic delays for domestic and international investors. Operating from the Office of the Prime Minister, The BIA has been designated a “one-stop shop” designed to simplify investing in The Bahamas. The BIA serves as the administrative arm of the National Economic Council and Investments Board. The BIA’s areas of responsibility include:
• Development of investment policies.
• Promotion of investment.
• Evaluation of project proposals.
• Monitoring and coordinating project implementation.
• Administration of the government’s investment concessionary legislation.